Research Director: Kjell Werner Johansen
The department aims to contribute to efficient and sustainable transport solutions within passenger and freight transport through economic analyses and development of analytic toolkits.
The main fields of research are:
Improving the toolkit of socio-economic analysis in the transport sector including assessing environmental and other external costs.
* Cost-benefit analyses of infrastructure investments.
* Analysing the effects of policy instruments on transport demand, mode choice, infrastructure use and environment costs.
* Multimodal econometric models for freight and travel demand.
* Models integrating transport demand forecasting with macroeconomic and demographic perspectives.
* Analyses of economic incentives in transport policies.
* The structure and development of freight rates and transport costs.
* Efficiency and productivity analyses of specific industries and private firms.
* Use of ICT to improve efficiency and user-friendliness in the transport sector.
The work is organised in three research areas: